1. New West African Gold Company with a Portfolio of High-Quality Gold Properties
- KOBO Resources is a private gold exploration company (soon to be public) with portfolio of highly prospective permits in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Principal property is the 100%-owned Kossou Permit (“Kossou”), located 6 km the Yaouré mine (M&I 2.21 M oz Au and P & P 1.6 M oz Au,1 owned by Perseus Mining).
- Promising rock sampling and magnetic survey results warrant follow up work program including a Phase 1 drill program to be commenced in 2022.
2. Favourable and Under-Explored Location in Côte d’Ivoire
- Virtually under-explored region compared to neighboring West African countries.
- Presence of artisanal miners in area of KOBO’s activities is a positive indicator for near-surface high-grade gold.
- Kossou is situated in central Côte d’Ivoire (22km NW of Yamoussoukro, the capital city, and 250km N of the financial capital of Abidjan).
3. Mining Friendly Jurisdiction with Exceptional Regional Geology
- Côte d’Ivoire has a New Mining Code (2014) and 1985 Tax Treaty with Canada; 2013 FIPA (Foreign Investment Protection Agreement between both Countries).
- Major companies operating in country include Barrick, Endeavour, B2Gold, Resolute, Perseus, Centamin, and Fortuna Silver.
- Côte d’Ivoire hosts 35% of the favorable West African Birimian Formation, more than any other country.
- Production Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso and Guinea has totaled +113 million ounces of gold 2010 to 2020: Côte d’Ivoire has only produced 8.2 million ounces in the same time frame.2
4. Highly-Experienced Management Team, with In-Country Expertise
- Led by strong leadership team with decades of exploration, mine management, and capital markets experience.
- President, Paul Sarjeant, has worked as a professional geologist with 35+ years’ experience in mineral exploration, project management, development and evaluation throughout the world including Africa.
- CEO, Edward Gosselin, is a lawyer with +37 years’ experience in business law including 9 years focused in the mining sector in Côte d’Ivoire.
2 World Gold Council 2021: Gold Mining Production Volume Data. https://www.gold.org/goldhub/data/historical-mine-production